In 1911 Plandome became the first incorporated village in the Manhasset, New York area. "Plandome" is a name derived from two latin words, planus and domus, meaning simple home.
Plandome lies on the north shore of Long Island with a portion of the community fronting on beautiful Manhasset Bay. While Plandome is a mostly residential community with a relaxed lifestyle and a hometown atmosphere, the fast-pace of New York City is only 30 minutes away via the LIRR.
We hope you find this website useful and informative. Feel free to email us with suggestions for improvements.
Upcoming Village Meetings
The meetings listed below are scheduled within the next few weeks. Before the meeting, we will also post the meeting agenda and, as much as possible, any documents related to matters that will be addressed at the meeting.
- Wed., April 26 7:30 pm DRB-
- 66 Westgate Blvd., cont'd 2nd story addition, detached garage
- 49 Westgate Blvd. 1 & 2 story additions, detached garage
- 12 Plymouth Rd, 2nd floor addition, change windows, deck
- 37 Heights Rd front portico, windows, siding
- 29 Valley Rd 1 story addition, windows, siding, driveway
- Mon, May 1 7:00 pm BOT Worksession
- Mon., May 8 8:00 pm BOT Regular Meeting;
- public hearing on proposed Local Law B-2017, Trees, Private-click for copy of proposed law
- presentation of the annual Stormwater Management Report
ROAD/WATER MAIN PROJECT POWERPOINT SLIDES- click to view
ADD YOUR CONTACT INFO TO NORTHSHOREALERT.ORG
The Port Washington-Manhasset Office of Emergency Management (PWMOEM) led by Commissioner Peter Forman, commands our local alert system known as NorthShoreAlert.org. This is a communication system Plandome Village has joined, together with other Villages, the Town and other departments. This system will allow us to quickly disseminate both emergency and non-emergency information via a number of different methods. Depending on the nature of the alert, residents can be contacted at their home/business phones, cell phones, and/or by email.
WE URGE ALL RESIDENTS TO GO TO NORTHSHOREALERT.ORG AND REGISTER. Many phone numbers were gathered from public records so you may find that your number(s) is already on file. Go to the website and register your preference as to primary numbers, etc.
Public Access TV
Public Access Television Corporation, Community Television (Great Neck/North Shore)
Please check our Facebook page: PATV Great Neck – North Shore, website: www.patv.org, and Twitter: @infopatv.
Annual Water Rates eff. 1/1/2013:
Usage Rate Charged (per 1000 gals)
0-100,000 gals $ 5.67
201,000- 300,000 6.77
401,000 and above 8.12